Help Make our House a Home
In June 2019, Sparrow’s Landing opened up operations as a part-time day center and boutique for Free Our Girls. Hot meals, laundry services, showers, therapy groups, and counseling are, or will be, provided for commercially exploited people in Northern Colorado during the week. On most Fridays and Saturdays, Sparrow’s Landing Boutique is open selling new and gently used apparel, beautiful home décor, housewares, crafts and more.
Beyond becoming a space for the community, the home provides permanent office space for the Free Our Girls staff, and all donations and Boutique proceeds support the living wages of survivors employed by Free Our Girls.
Come shop at
Sparrow’s Landing Boutique
Friday and Saturday
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
1513 11th Ave Greeley 80631
We are occasionally closed for other events during these times. We will try to post these closures as often as possible. Check here for updates.
Support Sparrow’s Landing while attending fun Friday night EVENTS!
Give Toward Renovation
We are still looking for support renovating and maximizing the space in this beautiful home.
You can be the key as we turn this house into a home. You can help us create a beautiful and functional space by gifting gift cards and wish list needs from Amazon and Lowes.
Click the links below and send e-gift cards to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail gift cards or checks to PO Box 336391 Greeley, CO 80633.
Contribute HERE toward our commercial kitchen project:
We are budgeting for a commercial sink ($1200) and commercial stove hood ($1000) as those are the only two pieces we have to purchase.
Contact Megan Lundstrom at email@example.com to sponsor a room renovation. Rooms that are sponsored can be named after the generous individual or company who helps us renovate a room from top to bottom. Sponsorship also includes a plaque hung in Sparrow’s Landing with your name or company. Rooms we still need adopted:
- Executive Director’s Office
- Conference room
- 2nd Floor Hallway
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2nd Therapy Room
- Photography/ Care Package Room
Become a Monthly Supporter!
If we have 120 donors giving $25 per month, we are able to cover our lease for the year.
If we have 30 donors giving $50 per month, we are able to cover our utilities, insurance, and maintenance expenses for the year.
If we have 10 donors giving $100 per month, we are able to hire a part-time administrative assistant.
Any amount helps and we greatly appreciate your participation!
Be The Key ~ Volunteer
Attend one of our Be The Key Friday evening events to support Sparrow’s Landing while having fun!
Volunteer as a Be the Key Workshop Presenter: gardening, crafts, collecting, or any hobby or skill!
Donate wine, beverages, and appetizers for an event, or cover supplies expenses for one of the events. Your donations support survivors of sex trafficking and changes the lives of survivors across North America!
In-Kind Donation FAQs
Where can I drop off in-kind donations?
Click here to: Schedule an In-Kind Donation Drop-Off Thank you! After scheduling a drop-off time, you will receive instructions on how to bring the items to Sparrow’s Landing in downtown Greeley. There is no secure way to leave donations outside of a scheduled drop-off, so please do not leave items on our front porch or by our back door.
What times can I drop off in-kind donations?
Please submit information through the contact form to: schedule a drop-off time.
Can you come pick up items from my home/office?
We are unable to provide donation pick-up at this time. You will need to arrange a donation drop-off at our office location.
Is my in-kind donation tax deductible?
We will provide you with a donation receipt at your scheduled drop-off time. The IRS requires that you estimate the market value of the items you donate. Free Our Girls cannot make this estimate for you. Donors do not receive any goods or services in return for their donations to Free Our Girls. Federal law states that items must be in “good used condition or better” to qualify for a tax deduction. You may always obtain an independent appraisal of any item you feel to be worth more than $500. Please consult with your tax advisor if you have any questions.
Which programs are supported with in-kind donations?
- Economic empowerment program and boutique – new and gently used items are processed for resale by the program participants. Proceeds directly support living wages for participants.
- National care package outreach – brand new, Fair Trade Certified items are sent to currently and previously exploited women across North America every month.
- Signature events – new and gently used items are used in activities such as essential oil-based products and jewelry.
- Client requests – new and gently used items are provided to those we walk with through a Want or Need Request process, which is designed to encourage and honor self-advocacy skills.
- Administrative – office supplies, equipment, and cleaning supplies are all used on an ongoing basis.
What new and unopened items do you accept?
- FTC (Fair Trade Certified) products in quantities of 50 and 100
- Office supplies (paper, pens/pencils/markers, paper clips, staplers, packing tape)
- Padded shipping envelopes
- Cleaning supplies and tools
- Full-sized hygiene products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant)
- Paper products (tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, paper plates and cups)
- Economy-size laundry products (HE liquid detergent, HE liquid softener, splash-less bleach, dryer sheets)
- Organic and gluten-free foods (shelf-stable boxed and canned items, dairy products, fresh produce)
- Full-sized makeup, hair and beauty products
What new or gently used items do you accept?
- Accessories (purses, bags, backpacks, outerwear, scarves, glasses, hats, etc.)
- Home décor
- Books (all bindings, all years, all genres!)
Do you accept furniture?
Sparrow’s Landing does accept furniture on a limited basis, dependent primarily upon storage space availability and/or immediate need within our offices and for those we walk alongside. Please contact us with information about the furniture item(s) you are looking to donate to find out more about immediate need.
What about skill and service donations?
We love our volunteers who give of their time and expertise! Some of the services we need ongoing include: home and auto repairs, tech support, lawn & garden, security, interior design, and personal/professional development. Contact us about volunteering with Free Our Girls here.
Where do items go that you are unable to use?
We have some incredible relationships with partner organizations in our community. As we process an incoming donation, items that are in good condition that we are unable to use ourselves are passed on to other agencies that need them. This is just one way that we seek to maximize resources amongst our community partners!
PO Box 336391 Greeley, CO 80633
1513 11th Ave Greeley, CO 80631
Click here too see the April 18, 2019 Video Announcement of Sparrow’s Landing in Greeley.